So I kind of failed with my Meal of the Month plan didn’t I… sorry! But instead of doing that, I thought I would just go back to sharing my favourite recipes every now and then, and this time it is these delicious chocolate energy balls!
The first time I made energy balls was when I found a random recipe online and as much as they were amazing, they weren’t quite what I wanted. So next time I made them, I literally just made it up myself! It was quite spontaneous and I was very unprepared, so I just looked at what I had in the cupboards already and put it all together and thankfully, it made these little balls of goodness!
For me, I love chocolate. If you put a chocolate bar in front of me, it will be gone within minutes, but obviously when I’m trying to eat healthily, chocolate is not what I should be eating! These energy balls are perfect for that chocolate fix, as well as being healthy and nutritious at the same time!
- 150g Dates
- 30g Almonds (ground preferably but not essential)
- 1 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil OR Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 serving Chocolate Protein Powder (optional)
- Desiccated Coconut
- Cocoa Powder
- Put all the ingredients into your blender (I use my Nutribullet for this) and whiz it up!
- Once sticky and gooey, roll into little balls of goodness of your chosen size.
- OPTIONAL – roll them in desiccated coconut or cocoa powder.
- Put in the fridge to set, or eat straight away!
So there we go! These are so quick and easy to make, and I just can’t get enough of them! Also, the amounts I’ve put are a very rough guide because if I’m perfectly honest, I don’t really measure the ingredients – I just go on what seems about right!
I really hope you enjoy these, and please let me know if you tried them and what you thought of them!