Meal of the Month || January
Hey guys! This is the first time I’m doing this kind of post, but I really want to make this a monthly thing for a couple of reasons. I want to try and keep accountable for my own healthy eating, and I think by posting my healthy meal of the month, that helps me do that, because as my housemate said to me “If you can’t blog it, don’t eat it”! Another reason is because all of these meals will be meals I’ve made and put on my new Instagram page (@hellohealthyamy) and the meal of the month will be the one with the most likes that most!
So the MEAL OF THE MONTH from January is…
Curried Chicken, Veg and Rice!
Honestly, I’m not too sure how this one got the most likes, as it is probably one of the most basic meals I’ve done but hey ho! People liked it so here it is!
x2 Chicken breast
250g Basmati Rice
1 tbsp Tikka Paste
1 tsp Turmeric
2 tsp Greek Yoghurt
Salt & Pepper
This serves 2 people.
- Pop the chicken breast in an oven-proof dish and spread a teaspoon of curry paste into the chicken, followed with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Put the chicken in the oven until cooked – usually about 20 mins.
- Cook basmati rice as you would normally, drain and add a teaspoon of turmeric and mix until rice is yellow.
- Chop courgette into chunks, sprinkle with salt and pepper and put in the oven for 5-10 mins, until cooked through slightly.
- Serve altogether on a plate, with a dollop of Greek yoghurt.
- Take a pretty picture and post to Instagram 😉
Hope you enjoy!