As I’m sure everyone will agree, you can’t have a great workout without a great playlist to go with it. I have always loved music, and that doesn’t change when I’m working out. I love to have tunes blaring at me while I’m exercising as I find it gets me in the mood and it motivates me so much more! Any exercise classes you go to will always have a great playlist to go along with the exercise and any time you go into a gym, there will always be music on in the background!
I love picking out songs that I’m going to listen to while working out because even just choosing the music gets me excited and motivated for the workout! I try and regularly change up my playlist because otherwise you do get bored of listening to the same songs over and over again but some songs never fail to get me ready for a workout. I don’t even use this playlist just to work out to – sometimes I listen to it when I just need a bit of a boost, or when I’m driving to an exercise class and the songs immediately get me ready to move and sweat.
So today, I have compiled 20 songs which I know will give a great workout! These songs have always ended up staying on my workout playlist, no matter how many times I’ve changed it. I like to think there’s a bit of a mix so there should be something for everyone, although there are a couple of artists/bands which appear more than once! Some of them I first heard at an exercise class actually so that really shows how great they are for working out too! Some are more dance/club tunes and others I just really like and find they motivate me! To be honest, you will probably be able to guess which ones are which!
P.S. Please don’t judge me and my music taste!
- All About That Bass – Meghan Trainor
- Bang Bang – Jessie J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj
- Break Free (feat. Zedd) – Ariana Grande
- Burnin’ Up (feat. 2 Chainz) – Jessie J
- Centuries – Fall Out Boy
- Confident – Demi Lovato
- Don’t Stop The Party (feat. TJR) – Pitbull
- Five More Hours – Deorro & Chris Brown
- Get ‘Em Up – Nickelback
- Hey Mama (feat. Nicki Minaj & Afrojack) – David Guetta
- Hot Right Now (feat. Rita Ora) – DJ Fresh
- I’m A Freak (feat. Pitbull) – Enrique Iglesias
- Irresistible (feat. Demi Lovato) – Fall Out Boy
- Kings and Queens – Thirty Seconds to Mars
- The Phoenix – Fall Out Boy
- Really Don’t Care (feat. Cher Lloyd) – Demi Lovato
- Shake It Off – Taylor Swift
- What Are You Waiting For? – Nickelback
- Work Bitch – Britney Spears
- Worth It (feat. Kid Ink) – Fifth Harmony
So there’s my favourite workout songs which cheer me up, motivate me and always give me a good workout, whether I’m in the gym, at home or even just driving to a group class! I also love listening to this when I’m doing housework and walking the dogs because it turns boring, mundane jobs into something fun – hey, I’m even listening to it as I write this!
I hope you can take some of these songs and add them to your workout playlist and be sure to let me know if you do and how you found them for working out!
Remember, if you liked this post, please like, share and comment below with your thoughts!