The Liebster Award
I have been lucky enough to be nominated by not one, but two bloggers for the Liebster Award! I am beyond excited and so grateful that they chose to nominate me and include me in the blogging community. So here’s a massive thank you to JJ’s Footsteps and Smile, Sugar! Because two bloggers have nominated me I am going to combine their questions otherwise we would be here all day!
The award goes to bloggers who have less than 1,000 followers and have been blogging for less than two years. Here are the rules when you have been nominated for the Liebster Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog, in your blog.
- Display an image of the award in your blog.
- Answer 11 questions that are asked of you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate up to 11 bloggers to receive the award next.
- Ask these bloggers 11 new questions that you provide.
- List these same rules in your own blog.
- Inform those people who you nominated, that they were nominated for the Liebster Award, and provide a link to your post so they can learn more about it.
If you could only read one book for the rest of your life what would it be?
It would probably be Gone with the Wind or The Woman of Substance – I can’t decide! Both got me completely hooked and I literally couldn’t put either down!
Cat person, dog person or something else, and why?
I have 3 of each so that is pretty difficult… I definitely used to be a cat person as my cat Tom was ‘my’ cat; he would wait for me to come home from school! After he died we got other cats and if I’m brutally honest, they’re a complete let down so right now I’m probably more a dog person!
What’s your biggest fear?
SPIDERS. Need I say more?!
What made you start your blog?
I spent a year out of Uni due to my ME/CFS and when I started at Uni again in September I wanted to document my ups and downs with my illness as well as being a student. Most of all, I hope that my blog will help somebody else with their invisible illness or will at least help family and friends to understand it better.
Who is your inspiration?
There are so many people that inspire me; today it would have to be Emma Franklin who writes My Blonde Voyage as I was so touched by what she wrote in her latest post about invisible illnesses. It was so genuine, honest and open, you couldn’t help but be inspired by her story.
Who is your favourite musician?
At the moment I’m listening to a lot of Carrie Underwood – love a bit of country music! But my main music love is Taylor Swift – obviously!
What are you really good at?
Procrastinating. It had to be said! I can get so easily distracted and can so easily fall asleep when I’m supposed to be doing work!
How do you pamper yourself?
I love to relax with a face mask, a hot water bottle and just chill out in front of the TV – something I do too much of when I’m ill!
What hobby/skill do you want to pick up?
I would love to be able to play the guitar – I’ve learned other instruments, just never this one!
What brightens your day?
When someone tells me my blog has helped them in some way, it really makes my day! But you can’t beat getting a surprise bunch of flowers and chocolate from your boyfriend either!
What do you love to do but don’t make enough time for?
Playing the piano – the day just seems to run away before I’ve had a chance to even think about it! It’s definitely something I want to do when I’m at home through the summer though.
- What made you start your blog?
- Have you had anything life-changing happen to you?
- What is your favourite animal?
- What is your favourite TV show?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- How do you like to relax?
- What do you like to do at the weekends?
- What is your dream job?
- If you could have a special skill, what would it be?
- What is your earliest memory?
- What made you smile this week?